Full-stack Web Developer: E-commerce
E-commerce focused full-stack web developer with over 20 years of professional experience executing digital strategy through data-driven research, web design, web development, deployment, support, and analytics.
Key Skills / Experience
- WordPress development and administration (Custom plugins, themes, integrations)
- E-commerce platforms (WooCommerce, WooCommerce Subscriptions, Shopify, Magento)
- Back-end Development (PHP, MySQL, Apache, Nginx, Sequel Pro, phpMyAdmin)
- Version Control (Git, Github, Subversion)
- Web Hosting (Digital Ocean, Pantheon, Cloudflare, Rackspace Cloud, WP Engine)
- Devops / Deployment (Pantheon, Circle CI, Buddy)
- Web Performance / APM (New Relic, Lighthouse, SiteSpeed.io,
- Web Security (Cloudflare, Securi, Trustwave, WPscan)
- Web Marketing technologies (Hubspot, MailChimp, Mandrill, SendGrid)
- Web Analytics (Google Analytics, Piwik, FullStory)
- Technical SEO (Google Tag Manager, Search Console, Screaming Frog, Moz)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, XD, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Project Management (Agile, Kanban, Jira, Trello, Basecamp)
- Support / Helpdesk solutions (Zendesk, HelpScout, Freshdesk, Slack)
- Google Apps Administration
Mac OS, Linux, Atom, iTerm2, Sequel Pro, LocalDev, Lando, MAMP Pro
Senior Web Developer
Counter Culture Coffee, Durham NC
02-2015 – 06-2019
Member of a three-person in-house team supporting a high-volume, cloud-hosted e-commerce website with numerous third-party integrations.
- Full-stack development, devops, security, performance, and analytics
- Developed and supported the company’s internal knowledge base.
- Provided technical SEO and other marketing activities.
- IT support and training for company HQ and distributed workforce.
North Carolina State University
Web Marketing Manager
Web Marketing Manager
6th Sense Analytics
Oxford University Press
SRS (Progress Energy)
Senior Web Designer
United States Navy – Active: 1985-89 – Reserves: 1989-92
Submarine Quartermaster & Navigation Supervisor
Petty Officer 2nd Class (E-5) – Top Secret Clearance
Protected status, Disabled veteran
Radio, Television & Film + Graphic Arts – 1983-85
Bowling Green State University, Ohio